We rely on fundraising as we do not receive any grants and our organisation is run by volunteers. Table quizzes are a great way of raising money, awareness and are lots of fun! If you would like to run a quiz in your own area, we have a handy guide to help you. Register your quiz with us and let us know the date, venue and time - we will help promote it with you. Any money raised can then be lodged to our bank account or via PayPal. NB - you may need a permit from your local Garda Station to collect funds - check with your local station.
Organise The Venue
For your first quiz start off small, 15 tables max. A venue that’s small enough to feel intimate and so everyone can hear the compere, but large enough that people can move through tables collecting answers.
It depends on how organised you are but can be put together in two weeks. Get venue, get a poster done, send to My Lovely Horse Rescue to promote on our Facebook page, tell everyone you know and get friends to get tables together.
Get all your questions and answers 3 days before quiz is due to start and staple everything the night before.
When is a Good Night to host a Table Quiz?
Thursday nights are great, people have their weekend wind down heads on.
One overall prize for quiz winners (think of something for 4 people, 4 gig tickets, 4 bottles of wine, 4 CDs etc), plus quiz runner up, then about 10 good raffle prizes(gig tickets, booze and vouchers always work well)
Help on The Night
VERY IMPORTANT! Volunteers - for your first quiz you’ll need 10 people:
- 1 person – organising
- 3 people marking sheets and totting up scores
- 1 person updating score sheet
- 2 people collecting money from tables at the start, then collecting answer sheets
- 2 people selling raffle tickets between rounds
- 1 person – extra (to take charge or prizes or anything else that crops up)
For quiz you will need:
- Compere – get someone funny & entertaining, it’s his job to move things along and give out the answers after each round, and update the audience on scores.
- 9 volunteers
- 6 Q&A rounds, 10 questions for each round - ask interesting friends to send you 10 questions each, failing that – GOOGLE!
- 90 answer sheets printed and stapled together – 6 sheets per table (print 20 more as back up – 110 in total)
- 4 copies of the questions and answers stapled together in the order of the rounds – 3 for markers, one for compere
- 6 Plastic Folders – one for the answers from each round, clearly labelled with the Round Number – if anyone questions their score it’s easy to find their answer sheet
- People arrive - if you want the quiz to start at 8 tell people 7.30
- Round 1
- Round 2
- Round 3
- Round 4
- Round 5
- Round 6
People may question their score after each round, make sure you have all the answers from each round together.
Make sure you count the tables before you start, so when people are collecting answers they know how many they should have.
Raffle – get two raffle books of different colours – CHECK ALL TICKETS BEFORE HANDING OVER PRIZES – really important
Time – it’s the organisers job to move things along and make sure each round doesn’t go over, quiz should be done and dusted in 2 and half hours.
Raise Funds for My Lovely Horse Rescue
If you would like to run a Table Quiz in aid of My Lovely Horse Rescue, register here now.