Our beautiful donkey's for Adoption
In MLHR we are committed to finding loving homes for the animals that come into our care. To this end we have an adoption scheme, detailed below. We also have animals fostered out in the community and this greatly eases the pressure on our own farms. We are very careful in our selection of both foster homes and forever homes for our animals – they have been hurt once, we do not want that to happen again.
- At least half an acre of suitable and safe grazing and/or turnout per donkey.
- Good fencing as Donkeys are nearly as good as Houdini himself for escaping
- An area of hard-standing - donkeys' feet are really porous so they need to be able to get off the grass when it's wet.
- Access to shelter or a stable - donkeys do not have waterproof coats like horses and require access to shelter at all times. The shelter will also provide shade from the sun on summer days.
- Mental stimulation - hiding treats, feed balls, forage boxes
- Room to roam and investigate
- Routine, daily handling - grooming and picking of feet