Venue: My Lovely Ranch, Trailer Park, Electric Picnic
When: Sunday 4th September 1.30pm – 6.00pm
It’s 20 years since Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy co-wrote the classic ‘A Song for Europe’ entry for Father Ted and Father Dougal, ‘My Lovely Horse’. Singer-songwriter and co-founder of My Lovely Horse Rescue, Cathy Davey and Neil Hannon were looking for a modern day successor to ‘My Lovely Horse’.
Fifteen finalists have been selected by our esteemed judges and will battle it out to win the coveted title of A Rubbish Song for Europe 2016 at the live final at My Lovely Ranch, Electric Picnic on Sunday 4 September from 1.30pm – 6.00pm!
And the finalists are….drumroll please….
- Alan McElroy, Alan Hurley, Joan Dinneen ‘c’
- Bar Dracul & Luke Seery ‘T Shirt’
- Ben and Ian Cully ‘Steak & Spuds’
- Eoin Lyons ‘I Loving My Baby’
- Floop ‘Bad Cabbage’
- The Artistic Differences ‘Christmas in July’
- Jamie Mulrooney ‘The Wonderful Whistling Willy’
- Katie Walsh and Samuel McCready ‘I Can't Tell My Mam’
- Kevin O'Brien ‘The Tea Song’
- Mild & Creamy ‘Freezer Baby’
- Oisin Bickley ‘Cows (The Truth)’
- Passion4Fruit (Diarmuid Harvey and Stephen O'Connell) ‘Five-A-Day’
- Small Faraways (Fio, Ro, Kev and Paddy) ‘Dream Car’
- TellyBush ‘the fish that couldnae swim’
Our MC, Pauline McLynn (Mrs. Doyle), will host an afternoon of Father Ted - themed craic and lolz!
Concentrate hard on looking holy and come dressed as your favourite Father Ted character.
There’ll be performances by:
- Neil Hannon (The Divine Comedy)
- Joe Rooney (Father ‘Damo’ Lennon)
- Patrick McDonnell (Eoin McLove)
- The Swarbriggs (whose 1975 Eurovision entry ‘That’s What Friends Are For’ is believed to be the inspiration for ‘My Lovely’ Horse’!)
There’ll be tea, lots and lots of tea!
- Father Alan's Alternative Sunday Mass
- Father Ted Table Quiz hosted by David Turpin
- Father Ted Fancy Dress Contest
- My Lovely Girls contest, with a very special guest appearance.
- Raffle - buy 2,000 tickets and you just ‘might’ be in with a chance of winning!
- All followed by a Father Dave's Eurovision Dishko
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!
Follow this event on Facebook
'I've got Eurosong Fever, Ted.'
Father Dougal McGuire
‘Dougal, don't take it so seriously, it's just a bit of fun.’
Father Ted Crilly