In MLHR we are committed to finding loving homes for the animals that come into our care. To this end we have an adoption scheme, detailed below. We also have animals fostered out in the community and this greatly eases the pressure on our own farms. We are very careful in our selection of both foster homes and forever homes for our animals – they have been hurt once, we do not want that to happen again.
We have beautiful goats for adoption, we love our MLHR goats and want nothing but the best for them. Please fill out the form below and we will match the right goat or goats up that will be suitable for your home.
- Access to a field with adequate grazing and fresh water
- Platforms for the goats to climb and play
- Good fencing as goats are escape artists
- Access to shelter or a stable - straw lined and clean out regularly. The shelter will also provide shade from the sun on summer days.
- Mental stimulation - hiding treats, feed balls
- Room to roam and investigate
- Companionship, goats naturally live in groups
- Routine, daily handling - they are very sociable animals
- Feet dressed every 4-6 weeks
- Ensure that no evergreen plants are in their area as these are poisonous to goats ( with the exception of ivy)